All what you need to know about Hotel Columbia
General information summer 2021 (COVID-19)
Hotel Columbia confirms all the services of the previous years except the bike service. So the beach service is guaranteed with wider space: in fact, even if the regulations require at least 3m x 4m, the bathing establishments Sirenetta and Paradiso will offer you 5m x 3m! Our restaurant Cucina Retrò is sanitized every day and its tables are distanced according to the regulations. The buffet of hors d’oeuvres, side dishes, fruit and desserts is hearty and varied, it also includes a wide range of homemade piadine romagnole, but in 2021 everything will be served at the table on request. The animation is confirmed too and includes a lot of activities and shows, but the children will be divided into small groups to avoid crowding. Our private pool is available and its sunbeds are sanitized every day. Masks are compulsory inside public places, but they are not necessary in the rooms, at the table, at the beach, at the pool and outside (provided that a sufficient distance is kept). The hotel management relies on the common sense and responsibility of its guests.
SUMMER 2021 – How does the restaurant work?
Our restaurant Cucina Retrò offers a wide à la carte menu, which includes fish, meat and piadine romagnole. To the guests, who book an All Inclusive stay, a menu of the day is proposed with different options and a great buffet of hors d’oeuvres, side dishes, pizzas, fresh salad, fruit, desserts: unfortunately the recent anti COVID-19 regulations forbid the exposed buffet, for this reason this year you will not find our buffet, but you will have the possibility to order the same dishes together with the menu of the day. To offer a wider range of food you can also order our homemade piadine romagnole. The tables have been distanced according to the regulations and are often sanitized with specific alcohol and peroxide-based detergents. In the dining room you will find the sanitizing gel and the marked paths to follow. When you are sitting at the table, you do not have to wear a mask, which is instead compulsory if you go out or to the toilet.
RESTAURANT OPENING HOURS
Breakfast: 07:00-10:00 (entry hours)
Lunch: 12:00-13:30 (entry hours)
Dinner: 19:00-20:30 (entry hours)
SUMMER 2021 – How will the cleaning be carried out in COVID’s times?
One of our strong points has always been the cleaning: in COVID’s times we have simply changed our detergents and we have bought some more specific alcohol and peroxide-based ones. We now clean more frequently all the critical points, such as handrails, door handles, emergency door bars, push buttons, etc… Every room which is going to be left is sanitized by a peroxide-based cold mist, non-toxic and odourless, so that all the critical surfaces are sanitized too (walls, curtains, ceilings, etc..).
SUMMER 2021 – Is the bike service available?
Yes, the bike service is available and included.
Is Hotel Columbia a family hotel?
Not only is Hotel Columbia a hotel suitable for children and their parents: it is a hotel for everyone, but especially for families with kids (0-14 years), in fact it has the following services:
- It belongs to the All Inclusive Hotels Consortium
- The sea is considered clean and safe (blue flag)
- Equipped beach with toys, castles, beach inflatable playground, beach tennis, beach volley, beach soccer and basketball courts.
- Marina Romea and its beach are considered safe for children
- Information brochures at disposal of the guests
- Discount on tickets for theme and amusement parks of Romagna
- Pediatrician on request (extra)
- Tourist doctor 24h
- Toilet adapter, potty, changing table, baby bathtub, stool for the washbasin, courtesy light (0-2 years)
- Baby crib with guard rails (2-5 years)
- Meals for kids
- Inner playroom and cinema
- Colourful table mats, high chairs and cutlery at the restaurant
- Everyday animation for kids at the hotel, at the pool and at the beach
- Bikes for kids and adults, baby’s chairs
- Discounts for children
- Babysitting service (extra)
What is included in the All Inclusive accommodation?
The all-inclusive accommodation includes: buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner with menu (first and second course to choose between two options), buffet of hors d’oeuvres and side dishes, fruit, dessert at our restaurant Cucina Retrò, beverages (water, Pepsi Cola, house wine), Wi-Fi in the whole hotel, air conditioning in the rooms and at the restaurant, animation from 9.30 am until 11 pm, 6 days a week, at the beach in the morning and in the afternoon, at the hotel in the evening, wide garden with playground, beach service (included with a minimum stay of 3 nights), pool and solarium terraces, bike service, books and information brochures, free public parking around the hotel.
What is included in the half-board accommodation?
The half-board accommodation has the same services as the all-inclusive one, but you can choose between lunch and dinner (not both). During the low season our restaurant works only at dinner, so it will only be possible to eat in the evening.
What is included in the B&B accommodation?
The B&B accommodation has the same services as the all-inclusive one, but it does not include any meals (breakfast only).
What does the beach service include?
The beach service, included for stays of at least 3 nights and only for direct booking (not Booking.com or Expedia.com), offers for every room a sun umbrella, a beach chair and a sunbed (or 2 sunbeds) at the bathing establishments in front of the hotel. For very short stays (1 or 2 nights) the service is included only from Monday to Friday, while on Saturdays and Sundays a discount of 30% on the list price is applied. If you book through Booking.com or Expedia.com, you can buy the beach service directly at the hotel.
NB It is not possible to deduct the value of the included and not used services.
Does the hotel have a parking at its disposal?
The hotel does not have its own parking, but you can park free around it in the square or in the main or side streets. It is very easy to find a parking during the year except over summer weekends, for which we suggest you arrive in Marina Romea before 8 am or after 7 pm.
NB on the occasion of weekly markets every summer Tuesday afternoon it is forbidden to park in Viale dei Pioppi and in Piazza Italia after 1 pm and every summer Friday and Saturday evening after 5 pm.
What is the tourism tax?
From February 1st 2013, the Municipality of Ravenna has introduced a tourism tax. Tourist Tax is not included in the price of your room and it must be paid in cash. The Tourist Tax is 2.00 € a day per person (above 14 years old), for a maximum of 5 consecutive nights.
The following categories are exempted:
- children under the age of 14;
- people who assist a patient admitted to a local hospital, including outpatient care, for a maximum of one assistant per patient;
- personnel belonging to local or state police, to the military, firemen or Civil Protection officers on duty;
- bus drivers and tour guides assisting groups in a trip organized by a tour operator or a travel agency. One driver or tour guide every 25 participants is exempted;
- hotel staff;
- disabled people (over 76% disability) with proper documents, together with their caregiver (one person) if the disability is 100%.
Which services and products are never included in the price?
Here is a list of available services which are not included in the price:
- Any order at the bars of the hotel
- Room service
- Laundry service for adults and children
- Dishes from the restaurant Cucina Retrò’s à la carte menu
- Medical or pediatric care
- Babysitting service (on request)
- Mirabilandia tickets
- Tourist tax
Are there any particular rules at the restaurant?
There are few rules to follow:
- Guests who chooses the all-inclusive accommodation can begin the stay at lunch and end it at breakfast or begin it at dinner and end it at lunch on the departure day (but you must check-out before 10.30 in any case).
- Restaurant opening hours
Breakfast 07:00-10:00 (entry hours)
Lunch 12:00-13:30 (entry hours)
Dinner 19:00-20:30 (entry hours)
- Meals that have been skipped during the stay can be eaten only by guests of the hotel and not by external ones.
- The restaurant is equipped to host people with coeliac, allergies and intolerancies too. Please kindly let us know if you suffer from one of these diseases. The restaurant uses the following allergens: gluten, crustaceans, molluscs, fish, dairy products, dried fruit, peanuts, lupines, eggs, soy, sulphur dioxide, sulphites, mustard, sesame, celery, garlic and onion. Despite our careful prevention we can not guarantee the complete absence of food contamination, for which we do not assume any responsibility in case of allergic reactions.
NB It is not possible to deduct the value of the included and not eaten meals.
How can I pay?
For half-board and all-inclusive accommodation, for Mirabilandia holiday package and special offers we accept bank transfers, cash or cheques (the last ones only at the arrival). For B&B accommodation and for orders at our restaurant Cucina Retrò we accept credit cards (VISA and Mastercard) and cash card. If you stay just at the weekend, we suggest you pay at the arrival to avoid waiting and queue.
What time can I check-in?
The rooms are ready from 2 pm, but you can check-in earlier if you want. In that case, you will be given the key immediately, if your room is already available. Otherwise, you will have to wait until 2 pm. It will be possible to let your bags in our baggage room and our services such as the hall, beach service, pool, garden, playground, bars and restaurant will be in any case at your disposal. We apologize in advance for possible delays which can occur during the days with many arrivals and departures, for instance June and July weekends, when rooms could be ready at the latest at 4 pm.
By when can I check-in in the evening (LATE CHECK-IN)?
If you arrive after 7 pm, please just let us know so that we can organise our restaurant, which normally works until 10 pm. Our night watchman will receive you at any time of the night.
By when do I have to check-out?
We kindly ask you to leave the rooms by 10 – 10.30 am so that our housekeepers can prepare them for the following guests. In case of late check-out by 1 pm an extra charge of €25 is applied (late check-out is also purchasable while you book).
How can I pay a deposit?
Hotel Columbia can require a deposit as a guarantee. Normally we ask for a deposit (30% of the total amount) that must be paid in advance in cash or through a postal order or bank transfer. Alternatively you can give us the data of your credit card. In some cases a guarantee is not requested. Every booking always contains the necessary instructions.
What happens if I need to cancel my booking?
Guests have always the right to cancel their bookings, but in that case we apply a penalty. To know its value you have to read the cancellation policy of your own booking.
Which is your cancellation policy?
In case of a deposit: if you cancel or change your booking within 21 days before the arrival, no cancellation fee will be applied and the total amount of the deposit will be refunded (less possible costs). If you cancel or change your booking in the 21 days before the arrival, a part of the deposit or its total amount will be retained according to the following conditions:
STANDARD CONDITIONS: no deposit is needed. In case you cancel or change your booking by 5 pm of the day of arrival, no cancellation fee is applied. Otherwise, if you cancel or change your booking beyond 5 pm, the total amount of the first night will be applied. In case of no-show the total amount of the stay will be applied.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: in case of cancellation or changes within a week before your arrival, no cancellation fee will be applied. In case of cancellation or changes beyond that deadline, the total amount of the first two nights will be applied. In case of no-show the total amount of the stay will be applied. In case of early departure the total amount of the stay will be applied.
NON REFUNDABLE CONDITIONS: if you choose a non refundable and pre-paid rate, the total amount of the stay can be charged on your credit card at any time after having booked. In case of cancellation, no show or early departure, the total amount of the stay will be retained by the hotel. No cancellation or changes are admitted.
What happens in case of early departure?
In case of early departure we apply the rules of the Charter of Quality Tourism Services (https://www.ra.camcom.gov.it/regolazione-del-mercato/servizi-turistici-di-qualita/carta-dei-servizi-turistici-di-qualita/versione-inglese/hotels.pdf)
How far is the sea from the hotel?
Our hotel is 400 m from the sea, on the promenade right in the centre of Marina Romea. To reach the sea you have to go across the pinewood, that is just in front of our hotel, preferably on foot, but also by car or by bike.
Other interesting distances:
- Marina di Ravenna 3 Km (canal Candiano must be crossed by boat)
- Oasi di Punta Alberete 6 Km
- Ravenna 10 km
- Valli di Comacchio 10 km
- Oasi di Boscoforte 18 Km
- Zoo Safari 20 km
- Mirabilandia 20 km
- Comacchio 26 Km
- Milano Marittima 35 km
- Pomposa 40 km
- Forlì 45 km
- Cesenatico 45 Km
- Italia in MIniatura 70 Km
- Bologna 80 km
- Oltremare 90 Km
Are pets admitted?
We are sorry but pets are not admitted in the hotel, not because we do not like them, but simply because we are not properly equipped to host them. On the contrary, with pleasure we accept them at our restaurant! In case you hide your pet in the room, you will be forced to pay the total amount of the stay and expelled from the hotel.
Is the hotel suitable for the disabled?
Actually we have just one room on the first floor that is equipped with a wheel-chair accessible bathroom. The other ones can use two toilet facilities equipped with bathtub and shower. But before you book, we invite you to consider if our hotel is suitable for the needs of the disabled guest.
How far is Mirabilandia from Hotel Columbia? Is a shuttle service available?
There are at least three ways to reach Mirabilandia: the shortest one is 20 km long. At the hotel maps and directions are available. To reach Mirabilandia you can use the shuttle service, offered by Abbondanti bus, which leaves just in front of our hotel. Otherwise, the public transport is also available: route 90 from Marina Romea to Ravenna + route 176 or 44 from Ravenna to Mirabilandia.
Calendar of services and offers
Some services are available only during certain periods of the year:
- pool: from mid-May until mid-September
- beach service: from the 1st of April until the 30th of September, it is always included for stays of at least 3 nights. For shorter stays (1 or 2 nights only), the beach service is included from Monday to Friday, but at the weekend a discount of 30% on the list prices is applied;
- animation: from the first weekend of June until the last weekend of August;
- bike service: from May until September
- lunch at our restaurant: from the last weekend of May until the second Sunday of September. From September until May a packed lunch is offered in place of lunch at restaurant.